Collabora Online Development Edition (CODE) 6.4 release notes
The Collabora Online Development Edition (CODE) is aimed at home users and small teams. It includes all the latest and greatest features later available in our business-ready online office suite Collabora Online. Please visit the Collabora Online page for more details on the scaleable edition for professional use. For more information on the CODE releases, installation and how to get involved, please visit our code-page.
Released on March 19, 2021
- Macros can be enabled online (disabled by default). Run macros while editing via Tools > Run Macro…
- New Draw component. You can now edit .odg files online
- New drawing element connector shapes including glue points available. Can be created in Draw (and used in all components)
- New Style preview UI available in NotebookBar. Easier to scroll through and improved usability
- Custom shapes. It is now possible to move the adjustment points to customize shapes
- Improved commenting on mobile phones. It’s now possible to see the list of the comments with a single tap and handle comments more conveniently
- Complete Canvas rework, enabling for instance the freeze pane function on mobile devices
- It is now possible to save spreadsheets as CSV files in Calc
- The Action_ChangeUIMode postmessage command allows integrators to make the switch between classic toolbar and NotebookBar user configurable (Thanks to Gabriel Masei, 1&1)
Released on February 15, 2021
- Fontwork objects implemented in Writer, Calc and Impress
- Gutter margin feature introduced for Writer
- Mobile friendly interface for Fontwork objects
- The Sidebar has many visual and usability improvements
- Support of the FileUrl property of WOPI, for better performance in some configurations.
New features in 6.4.0
Major release of CODE. Find all details in the announcement post.
- New (optional) NotebookBar with more familiar look to part of the users (Classic toolbars can still be chosen in the installation’s configuration)
- Re-written spreadsheet rendering to allow freeze rows and columns
- Collaborate with annotations around PDF files
- Interoperability & rendering improvements
- Semi-transparent text
- Improved PPTX filters & SmartArt import
- Gradient backgrounds in slides
- Continuous Endnotes
- Performance & stability improvements
- Skip in version numbering (4.2 → 6.4)
The 6.4 development branch is the direct successor of the Collabora Online 4.2 branch. With the release of Collabora Online & CODE 6.4.0, the numbering was adapted to our desktop product Collabora Office to better reflect the state of technical development. Detailed information of previous releases can be found on CODE 4.2 release notes.