Collabora Mattermost plugin allows Mattermost users to view and edit files directly in Mattermost. The plugin is open-source, you can find it here on github.
How does it work?
The plugin will parse the messages that contain attachments and will display a list with the files that can be viewed or edited. The file is automatically saved when editing, so you don’t have to do it manually.
Below you can see a list with the supported formats:
- OpenDocument format: .ods, .odt, .odp, .odg etc.
- Microsoft: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx etc.
- Others: .txt, .csv, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .svg, .pdf etc.
- Get the release from github.
- Use the System Console to upload it. For detailed instructions check this link https://docs.mattermost.com/administration/plugins.html#plugin-uploads
- Set the Collabora Online server address (more about this bellow) in the plugin’s settings. A page refresh may be required for the plugin’s settings to appear in the System Console.
Collabora Online uses a WOPI-like protocol (client) to access the files on your Mattermost server (host). You can read more about it on https://wopi.readthedocs.io. Hence, you will also need a Collabora Online instance to use the plugin. You can build your own, or conveniently use a version of our CODE edition.