Cambridge, United Kingdom, March 26, 2019 – Collabora Productivity, the driving force behind bringing LibreOffice to the cloud, is excited to announce a new release of our enterprise product Collabora Online 4.0.3. This release comes with lots of bugfixes and a few minor new features.
What’s new in Collabora Online 4.0.3?
- Follow other editor behavior: we now show the flag with the suer name above the other users’ caret when they are typing or moving around in the document. When the other user stops interacting, the flag fades away after a second or two.
- In impress – we added keyboard bindings to allow switching slides with up/down arrow keys when the slide pane is focused.
- The Help URL is now configurable in /etc/lookitconfig.xcu and when the URL is unset, the Help buttons inside dialogs are hidden.
- MPLv2 code subset configuration is now built by default.
- Restored sort buttons to the toolbar in Calc – present in 3.4, and back by popular request in 4.0.3.
- In some circumstances the convert-to folder could become filled with documents – we made the cleanup of in-progress conversions much more robust.
- When no avatar is available – we now show user colors:
- Do not disable the Close Document menu for read-only docs
- Last modification link should lead to revision history only when revision history feature is enabled
- Show a normal statusbar in narrow window
- Localization fixes
- Fix Save As when ‘%’ character is used within the filename
- Disable Thesaurus menu, when thesaurus is not available
- Fix a crash, when trying to accept changes
- Fix a crash, that occurred when no spelling dictionaries were available
- Make PDF exported watermarks (when printing) look more similar to the watermarks shown in the online editor – when tiles are watermarked.
- Fix rare corner-cases where under heavy load, concurrent editors may have had their changes attributed to other users.
Getting Collabora Online 4.0.3
Collabora Online is suitable for large scale deployment, comes with an SLA, Long Term Support with signed security updates as well as a rich product management interaction helping to direct our development priorities.
Hosting and Cloud businesses that wish to add Collabora Online to their product portfolio can become a partner by filling in the partner form or contacting email@example.com.
Collabora Online is only one part of a larger Enteprise File Sync & Share, Groupware, or Hosting solution. Collabora is excited to go to market with a long list of Partners each of which has an integration.
You can get an online demo of Collabora Online and try it out yourself right now!
For more information:
Collabora Productivity is the driving force behind putting LibreOffice in the Cloud, providing a range of products and consulting to enterprise and government. Powered by the largest team of certified LibreOffice engineers in the world, it is a leading contributor to the LibreOffice codebase and community. Collabora Office for Desktop and Collabora Online provide a business-hardened office suite with long-term, multi-platform support. Collabora Productivity is a division of Collabora, the global software consultancy dedicated to providing the benefits of Open Source to the commercial world, specializing in mobile, automotive and consumer electronics industries. For more information, visit www.collaboraoffice.com or follow @CollaboraOffice on Twitter.