Cambridge, United Kingdom – June 21, 2017 – Collabora Productivity, the driving force behind putting LibreOffice in the Cloud, is proud to announce a new release of its flagship enterprise-ready cloud document suite – Collabora Online 2.1.2, including new features and improvements.
The Collabora Online Development Edition (CODE) has been updated too.
What’s new in Collabora Online 2.1.2?
The following features and improvements are new since Collabora Online 2.1.1:
- Support for avatars: The integrators can specify a pictures / avatars for the users of the documents via WOPI extension.
- Find & replace dialog in the text documents, in addition to the previously available Search functionality.
- Support for custom buttons in the toolbar. Collabora Online now introduces API for integrators to add their own functionality into the toolbars.
- Support for hashed admin passwords.
- loolconfig, new tool to configure Collabora Online: Primarily for creating new passwords, in the future we may add other configuration settings, so that it is not necessary to edit loolwsd.xml manually.
- Automatic detection of links in the comments.
- Various smaller fixes.
Collabora Online Development Edition (CODE) 2.1.2
Together with the release of Collabora Online 2.1.2 we will also release version 2.1.2 of the development edition of Collabora Online: CODE. The development edition is aimed at home users and contains the latest and greatest developments. We want as many people as possible to try it out and get back control of their own online documents. We’d also love to get people involved in our efforts to make LibreOffice Online even better. Download the Docker Image, enjoy using it at home and why not participate in the project too!
For more information on CODE, and info on how to get it, please check out our CODE page.
You can get an online demo of Collabora Online and try it out yourself right now!
About Collabora Productivity:
Collabora Productivity is the driving force behind putting LibreOffice in the Cloud, providing a range of products and consulting to enterprise and government. Powered by the largest team of certified LibreOffice engineers in the world, it is a leading contributor to the LibreOffice codebase and community. Collabora Office for Desktop and Collabora Online provide a business-hardened office suite with long-term, multi-platform support. Collabora Productivity is a division of Collabora, the global software consultancy dedicated to providing the benefits of Open Source to the commercial world, specialising in mobile, automotive and consumer electronics industries. For more information, visit www.collaboraoffice.com or follow @CollaboraOffice on Twitter.