This weekend close to ten thousand Open Source enthusiasts will gather in Brussels for mussels, monk-made beer, 549 talks, and a great deal of hacking. Collabora Productivity will be out in force – at talks, booths, and a hackfest. Look out for our team in the ‘Open Document editors devroom‘ track – we’ve printed a fresh run of branded purple shirts and will be sporting them around ULB Campus.
Eight talks by Collaborans will range from LibreOffice on Android, to secure signatures in Writer, and include a presentation by Vice President Michael Meeks on recent radical performance improvements to Calc.
LibreOffice talks by Collabora
- Markus Mohrhard OpenGL backend for LibreOffice
- Tor Lillqvist: PDF signing in LibreOffice: no longer experimental
- Miklos Vajna: TextBoxes: complex shapes with complex content in LibreOffice Writer
- Michael Meeks: LibreOffice Calc dependency & performance work
- Markus Mohrhard: Improving LibreOffice quality
- Jan Holesovsky: LibreOffice Design/UX Easy Hacks
- Andras Timar: LibreOffice and ODF
- Miklos Vajna: LibreOffice on Android
The LibreOffice conference booth, run by the Document Foundation, will be on the second floor of "building K", between Kolab Systems and Apache OpenOffice. Collabora Productivity team members will congregate there – pay us a visit for informal news and demonstrations of Libreoffice from Collabora. We’re also keen to meet developers looking for career opportunities – drop off a CV.
Following FOSDEM itself, the LibreOffice Hackfest, hosted by Betacowork, will see old hands and new join forces to work on features such as change tracking, QR Code support, and template management. Join veteran hackers, including six Collabora staff, for two days of collaborative task-oriented learning.
See you there!