You can try CODE in 5 minutes with Nextcloud following these basic steps:
- Find out the IP address of your computer, e.g. 192.168.100.20
- Run Nextcloud from docker:
docker run -d -p 80:80 nextcloud
- In your browser go to http://192.168.100.20 and set up your Nextcloud.
- In Nextcloud go to Apps – Office and Text, and install Nextcloud Office (Collabora Online) app.
- Run CODE from docker:
docker run -t -d -p 9980:9980 -e "extra_params=--o:ssl.enable=false" collabora/code
- Set up the Collabora Online server in Nextcloud Settings – Collabora Online to http://192.168.100.20:9980
Note 1: Of course, this is only good for a quick look at the features, it is not for production by any means.
Note 2: Do not use
127.0.0.1 instead of IP address of your computer, because these addresses do not resolve from the containers. This means not only not using it for the address of Collabora Online configured in Nextcloud, but also for the URL you connect to in the browser to test.