You can try CODE in 5 minutes with Nextcloud following these basic steps:
- Find out the IP address of your computer, e.g. 192.168.100.20
- Run Nextcloud from docker:
docker run -d -p 80:80 nextcloud
- In your browser go to http://192.168.100.20 and set up your Nextcloud.
- In Nextcloud go to Apps – Office and Text, and install Collabora Online app.
- Run CODE from docker:
docker run -t -d -p 9980:9980 -e "extra_params=--o:ssl.enable=false" collabora/code
- Set up the Collabora Online server in Nextcloud Settings – Collabora Online to http://192.168.100.20:9980
Note: Of course, this is only good for a quick look at the features, it is not for production by any means.
Note: Do not use localhost or 127.0.0.1 instead of IP address of your computer, because these addresses do not resolve from the containers.