Please find all information on updates, features, and fixes of the Collabora Online 21.11 branch on this page. Details about security updates are available here. For the best experience, we recommend that you use the latest version of Collabora Online from our most current development branch. Please follow these instructions for a seamless upgrade to Collabora Online 21.11.
Collabora Online 220.127.116.11
Released on November 24, 2022
- Fixed SVG export (full screen presentation) of text fields (e.g. slide number, footer) of Impress presentations.
- Fixed the regression after the memory leak fix related to remote config.
- Log warning about deprecated config option
- 2 small fixes related to feature lock & read-only mode
Collabora Online 18.104.22.168
Released on November 18, 2022
- Crash fixes (i.e. crashes while editing certain documents)
- Fixed a memory leak related to remote config feature
- Fixed page navigation buttons on status bar
- UI fixes in readonly mode
- Fix re-exporting of certain broken PDF files
- Converted Repair Dialog to JSDialog, which fixed issue with overlapping comments
- Fixed SVG export of footer text (full screen presentation of slides)
- Fixed display of Calc functions’ help text on mobile
Collabora Online 22.214.171.124
Released on October 12, 2022
- Override CheckFileInfo
- Fixed selection of candidates for Japanese IME input
- UI for adding and editing print ranges in Calc
- Save different sidebar states for Impress
- Resize cursor width in accordance with browser zoom
- Fixed visibility of Calc comments in a frozen column
- Stability fixes
Collabora Online 126.96.36.199
Released on August 10, 2022
- View scrolls on reaching the edge of the screen when using AutoFill on consecutive cells
- Glow and soft edge effect in slides now render correctly in higher zoom factors as well (GH#4029)
- Hang when cancelling the CSV import dialog fixed
- Error causing sessions occasionally getting stuck after failed saves fixed
- Lock-up of app after cancelling of pop-ups in the sidebar fixed
- Flickering of certain tunnelled dialogs in tabbed view (NotebookBar) fixed
- Overlapping of long texts on certain dialog buttons fixed
- Fixed that when entering text somewhere in the middle of a cell with multiline content, it would be added to the beginning
- Fixed that when changes were accepted with ‘redlining_as_comments’ configuration enabled, other editors would jump to the beginning of the document during collaborative editing
- Custom action icons added by integrators now keep showing after switches between classic and tabbed view (NotebookBar)
- Bug that would insert extra line breaks after pasting text into external apps fixed
Collabora Online 188.8.131.52
Released on June 15, 2022
- New feature: Support of emphasis animations (spin, grow, shrink) in SVG presentation engine of Collabora Online Impress
- Handle tab key in AutoFilter popup (GH#4716)
- Document state conflict dialog is not shown any more for a read-only user, because only editors can resolve conflicts anyway.
- Resume editing after idling out is working reliably now.
- Fixed freeze of spreadsheet when a dropdown menu of a cell was opened (GH#178).
- Fixed that dropdowns on the sidebar could only be dismissed by choosing one of the items.
- Entering strings in Calc textboxes are visible now.
- Fixed copy comment behaviour in Writer, i.e. the original of the copied comment won’t disappear.
- Fixed: spreadsheet edited by another user while idle makes editing after rejoining impossible
- Don’t change view mode of sidebar and notebookbar for other views. This prevents the closed sidebar from showing when other view joins the session.
- Stability fixes related to async save
- Code stability fixes in LOKit core
Collabora Online 184.108.40.206
Released on May 17, 2022
- Fixed a regression that was introduced in version 220.127.116.11: In Writer, page breaks saved in non-English UI/locale turned into line breaks.
Collabora Online 18.104.22.168
Released on May 2, 2022
- New feature on the user interface: toggle between Compact view and Tabbed view
- Fixed a corner case with saving: when a document was opened for collaborative editing, and the views had different user interface languages, only the first view could save the document.
- Added functions to classic toolbar UI that were missing on notebookbar UI and vice versa, e.g. fixed Clone formatting icon on notebookbar, and added Split Cells to Writer’s classic toolbar
- Added row/column width/height to context menu in Calc
- Added Print Area (ranges) commands to Calc
- Fixed wrong pointer (I-beam) when switching sheet after entering data in Calc
- Fixed the bottom toolbar’s visibility on Android in Firefox browser
- Other UI cosmetics
- Stability fixes in WSD
- Ubuntu 22.04 packages
- Translation updates
Collabora Online 22.214.171.124
Released on April 7, 2022
- New WOPI host configuration, see: Multihost configuration in SDK
- Dynamic configuration (without service restart)
- Introduced ‘Paste Special’ menu entries
- Fixed views after the first one changes Auto Spellcheck status.
- Fixed locale when
lang=enis passed, it defaults to en-US, so for example the default paper size will match the expected US standard in some integrations where en was meant to be en-US.
- Fixed: change tracking comments were not displayed on document load.
- Fixed PDF view, where slides are in continuous mode, and now the correct slide number is shown on statusbar, and the comments are inserted to the correct page.
- Hide the SVG preview of shape/chart unless it is dragged or resized, in order to prevent mismatch in size of the SVG preview and contents of the tile.
- Fixed comment behaviour in copied cells in Calc.
- Calc’s Insert Header&Footer dialog did not show caret
- Switching between slides and master view somethimes did not refresh parts of the view
- Writer: A table inserted by the Table->Insert Table menu did not have borders, thus it was invisible
- Fixed opening passsword protected files
- Fixed inserting textboxes into spreadsheet files
- Caret was missing after inserting image from integration to a text document
- Fixed 2 crashes in LOKit, other code stability fixes
- LOKit: load template documents as regular documents, otherwise they cannot be directly saved, because LOKit will try to open a save-as dialog.
- Visual fixes for Calc auto-filters
- Many comment improvements for complex commenting cases
- Various RTL improvements in Writer and Calc
- Lots of visual improvements
- Re-designed document page style with better shadows and corners
- Improved consistency of buttons across dialogs
- Updated formatting and chart icons – thanks to Rizal Muttaqin
- Much improved and simplified color palette – thanks to Andreas Kainz
- Improved classic toolbar separators and unified icons – thanks to Kristopher Maxwell
- Updated localizations
Collabora Online 126.96.36.199
Released on March 3, 2022
- New configuration options (in coolwsd.xml)
user_interface.use_integration_theme– whether to use theme from the integrator. The default is
per_view.group_download_as– it gives you the option to opt for a dropdown menu when rendering download options in the notebookbar tab File and thus save some space. This can be quite useful for integrators who wish to add their own options while keep everything nice and tidy. The default is
- Document accessibility check functionality added.
- The accessibility checker operates on text documents, it checks the document structure and gathers all possible accessibility issues. Press Accessibility Check button on Review tab to invoke the Accessibility Check dialog that shows a list of all issues found in the text document.
- Sped up bitmap rotation
- Support for the WebP image format
- Icon size of conditional formatting in spreadsheets aligned to font size
- Various OOXML interoperability fixes in core
- Fixed SVG export (full screen presentation)
- Whitespace in text is preserved in Chrome.
- Empty paragraphs with
idare exported, thus we avoid duplicated
idattributes and invalid XML.
- Fix missing custom bullets
- UI Changes
- Tab buttons have been streamlined in favor of floating style.
- iOS iPad and desktop styles are more similar now.
- Clicking the current tab Hide & Shows the menu.
- Hamburger menu has been removed to increase discoverability while keeping options on less generic places.
- Undo and redo buttons moved from the top toolbar to Home tab.
- Many of the formatting icons are updated.
- Many visual improvements on sidebar.
- Improvements on Classic menu.
- Improvements on mobile toolbars.
- All dialogues are visually improved.
- Translation updates
Collabora Online 188.8.131.52
Released on January 24, 2022
- A bugfix release with two fixes
- Fixed a crash that occurred when an unauthorized WOPI host tried to connect to COOL server.
- The ‘Insert_Button’ message works properly again.
Collabora Online 184.108.40.206
Released on January 20, 2022
- Major release of Collabora Online. Please find all details in the original announcement.