You can get a free demo on this page and read more info about the long term support options.
Collabora Office 6.2 release is based on upstream LibreOffice 6.2 source code, thus it contains all fixes from the upstream libreoffice-6-2 branch, plus more fixes and backported stable features from higher releases.
August 6, 2020 – feature and improvements
- Text search in embedded PDF files in Impress and Draw
Bugfixes and improvements
- DOCX import: fix overlapping floating tables when anchored inside a table
July 29, 2020 – feature and improvements
Mail merge now can do password protected documents
- From now on you can send encrypted PDF with mail merge, making this powerful feature be even more useful. Read more in this blog.
- Added Turkish spelling dictionary (on Linux)
Bugfixes and improvements
- HTML import of Writer now ignores hidden text frames.
Hidden text frames are not supported in Writer, so now when a user pastes HTML content, these will not cause problems.
- Writer XHTML export: <blockquote> can’t have character children. It fixes a reqif-xhtml validation error.
- tdf#130479 FODG import: fix handling of <draw:fill-image> in styles. Now inline bitmap fills render correctly in flat ODG files, that are used in MS Publisher import filter, for example.
- tdf#50879 PDF export: ensure only built-in fonts are used for forms
- Other security and stability fixes
May 20, 2020 – security update
Improvements for presentations and Microsoft .doc files
- Margin handling of table cells and table rows in binary DOC files has been improved
- Displaying of slides on large HR screens improved
- A fix for CVE-2020-12801 Crash-recovered Microsoft Office encrypted documents defaulted
to not to using encryption on next save.
In affected versions, a crash could lead to a user accidentally saving a Microsoft Office file format
document unencrypted, while believing it to be encrypted.
April 23, 2020
- Writer now features Padded Numbers for Numbered Lists
- Import of custom labels of charts
- Semi-transparent text in Writer
Important fixes & improvements
- Improved handling of predefined table styles. The screen below displays results before (middle) & after (right) the fix
- Writer paragraph signing optimizations
- Numerous interoperability improvements with the MS OOXML files
- Security and stability fixes
Release 6.2-2 – December 20, 2019
Major release of Collabora Office providing businesses and professionals with the best features, interoperability, LTS and custom support in open source as well as respecting user privacy and company data security. Find out more in the release announcement.