The Collabora Online Development Edition (CODE) is aimed at home users and small teams. It includes all the latest and greatest features later available in our business-ready online office suite Collabora Online. Please visit the Collabora Online page for more details on the scalable edition for professional use. For more information on the CODE releases, installation and how to get involved, please visit our CODE page.
Update: Update on 13 November, 2023 – 23.05.5.4
- Fixed: Cannot edit documents (iOS/Safari 13)
- Fixed: Copying from the document doesn’t work ((FF, a11y disabled)
- Fixed: Unable to Copy the Link from text document
- Easier to use user interface for Calc conditional formatting, and fixed icon set order for smilies
- Fixed: off-by-one month in log date, a regression in previous minor version
- don’t try to set TCP_NODELAY on local Unix sockets, which caused excessive log messages unnecessarily
- Fixed:performance of Calc’s formulabar
- Fixed:’Tileprocessed message did not arrive in time’ for slide preview
- Fixed small cosmetic issues in user interface such as missing icons
- Translation updates
Update on 27 October, 2023 – 23.05.5.3
- Improved: conditional formatting UI in Calc
- Improved: accessibility in Calc and Impress
- Improved: Display of track change hierarchy in Writer’s Manage Changes dialog
Fixed: Calc – Cancel Button does not remove the empty Comment Dialogue
Fixed: Collabora – the page number menu item is in English
Fixed: Tabbed view: Button labels are inconsistent in non-en UI
Fixed: PostMessage on idle/active
Fixed: Calc: row/column header context menu is mispositioned
Fixed: ODT document : delete keystrokes don’t work
Fixed: Drop-downs have wrong mark colour in browsers
Fixed: Scrollbar on Data – Validity dialogue
Fixed: Draw – Text and Hover text says ModifyPage instead Sidebar
Fixed: Notebookbar: Online help in non-English UI still with %productName
Fixed: Calc – view jumping, can’t select cell
Fixed: Calc – Crash when the second user closes session
Fixed: Dialogues shouldn’t be taller than viewport and should be scrollable
Fixed: Crash on copy of text and chart
Update on 21 October, 2023 – 23.05.5.2
- Initial support for STYLEREF fields of MS Word files
- Use content controls for text in block SDTs instead of text fields, so properties like alias and formatting are retained
- Multi-page floating tables in Writer: nested tables
- Improved change tracking in Writer: deleting text from other users tracked insertion does not break the insertion to two independent changes any more
- Fixed integration of Duden Corrector
- Fixed handling of BiDi text in spreadsheet cells
- Crash fixes
- UI polish
- Translation updates
Released on 13 October, 2023
- Improved: Copy to clipboard message ergonomics.
- Improved: Clipboard
- Update messages
- Don’t show full warning on paste
- Set equal width for progress dialogues
- Complete dialogue shows 100% progress bar
- Make dialogues more unified
- Keyboard shortcuts for snack-bar messages
- Improved: Snack-bar Improvement
- Make progress visible
- Use ESC to dismiss sidebar
- Improved: Translation using Weblate (Turkish, Swedish, Polish, Dutch, Hungarian, Croatian, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazil)
- Improved: Browser reconnect experience smoother
- Updated German keyboard shortcuts
- Fixed: No info is shown that spreadsheet is read-only
- Fixed: Calc, mobile: Auto-filter doesn’t work
- Fixed: File gets downloaded instead of getting saved
- Fixed: Menu items in English and Portuguese instead pure Portuguese
- Fixed: Some Help buttons in Dialogue result in 404
- Fixed: Get_Export_Formats response only contains PDF in 23.05
- Fixed: Empty screen at document opening, until clicked
- Fixed: Allow http Range header for media files
- Fixed: Safari Workaround SVG position bug
- Fixed: Change the local storage setting name “CompactMode” to “compactMode”
- Fixed: Enable “Set Background Image” button in tabbed view
- Fixed: Browser: make reconnect experience smoother
- Fixed: Impress: screen reader support for text shape editing
- Fixed: Autosaved comment cannot be closed
- Fixed: Calc: Clone formatting cursor has misaligned hotspot
- Fixed: Avoid spell-check dialog from outside selection
- Fixed: Calc: rendering acceleration
- Fixed: LOKit: always display hidden chars when showing formatting marks
- Fixed: The document doesn’t change in online
- Fixed: Crash copying text + chart to clipboard
- Fixed: Crash on double click of value set item in bullets and numbering
- Fixed: Missing background color in style preview
- Fixed: Wrong cursor position after paste
- Fixed: Increase scale for external PDF data
Released on 21 September, 2023
- CVE-2023-4863 – Heap-Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability in libwebp < 1.3.2
- Fixed: Read-only shared document does not immediately show fonts
- Fixed: Pasting in Firefox 117 pastes old content because Ctrl+C doesn’t copy
- Fixed: Calc: Only print current sheet by default
- Fixed: Tabbed bar: Missing French translations
- Fixed: Writer: Not all content controls are marked
- Fixed: No style previews / font selector when switching from compact to tabbed mode
- Fixed: Error/warning log for read only with new version
- Fixed: Use “Insert hyperlink” dialogue from core: Inserting hyperlink with shortcut still triggers the simple dialogue
- Fixed: Save icon in tabbed bar doesn’t show changed status
- Fixed: PDF: Comments don’t get saved
Released on 14 September, 2023
23.05.4 version includes new features and bug fixes for different areas of the product. See details of the latest improvements and fixes below.
- Font previews in Online
- Bring to Online Barcode / QR code dialogue
- Fixed: Navigator Sidebar: Headings Do Not Update Nesting Instantly
- Fixed: Calc: With multiple views, an edited comment is committed when the other user switches sheets
- Fixed: Calc: Elements in Chart Type dialogue when editing chart positioned incorrectly
- Fixed: Calc: Wrong column width after save .xlsx file
- Fixed: Dark Mode – Document and text is dark
- Fixed: Calc: No info is shown that spreadsheet is read-only
- Fixed: Android app or browser: cannot open PDF
- Fixed: Notebookbar: Online help mixed with keyboard shortcuts
Released on 29 August, 2023
This version update includes performance improvements and various bug fixes for different parts of the product. See details of the latest improvements and fixes below.
- Improved “laggy user experience”: slow response while editing different types of documents.
- Improved the performance of Calc/Writer when scrolling the page down, contents was delayed.
- Fixed performance issues with large XLSM files when it was hard to open, edit, scroll.
- Improved the loading time for large XLSM files.
- Fixed: can not play the presentation on iPad.
- Fixed: view separation doesn’t seem to work for multiple views, that have different colour configurations for the Draw/Impress presentation.
- Fixed: Calc fill-down handle doesn’t work with display scaling.
- Fixed: PPTX issues.
- During slideshow the paragraph content after heading on left is underlined.
- During slideshow the whole lines are underlined.
- During slide view and presentation mode the headings have bullets (they don’t in PP)
- During slide view and presentation mode the actual bulleted entries are far apart.
- Fixed: page navigation automatically opens the ‘Bookmarks’ section and scrolls down when first clicked on.
- Fixed: the spellcheck has wrong dark mode, it is white and doesn’t otherwise show automatic colour text.
- Fixed: the Collabora iFrame is on the same page as another textbox, the Collabora Online iFrame takes the focus away from the cursor in the other textbox after some time, usually within 10 seconds.
- Fixed: nothing happens when the user tries to insert a Text Box in a Presentation with the menu in Compact View.
- Fixed: sidebar – spacing, indent number fields don’t work with up clicks in 23.05.2
- Fixed: Calc: no way to pick chart type when inserting chart.
Accelerator Keys Improvements
- Improved Accelerator Keys: Press the “Alt” key on the keyboard now shows the info boxes.
Released on July 24, 2023
- Copying from filtered rows in Calc copied nothing to clipboard
- Text in document was garbled during collaborative editing (cool#6897)
- Slide previews did not load sometimes
- Delete key didn’t remove text in Firefox (cool#6631)
- Difficult to select words using double-click (cool#6833)
- Various performance improvements.
- Various UI fixes.
Update: July 11, 2023
- Fixed cool#6803: made snackbar non-modal
- version: 23.05.1.3
Released on June 28, 2023
- New feature in Impress, that the user can hide/show slides on Slide Pane, and hidden slides are not shown any more in the full screen presentation.
- View separation of editengine, i.e. when one user works in dark mode and the other in light mode on the same document, the views of textboxes for example will have dark and light mode views respectively, as expected.
- Fixed embedded video playback in Impress.
- Performance improvements: optimizations to caching and rendering of tiles.
- Fixed a few crashers and started to fix issues that Coverity code checker found.
- A lot of small UI fixes.
- Translation updates.
Released on June 13, 2023
- Major new version. Please read the press release.